Here’s a list the prizes being offered for donating some money to Donors Choose. Please consider funding these awesome projects, and help students in need learn about marine science!
Just forward your receipts to me at shellandmantleATgmailDOTcom, and you’ll be entered to win extremely awesome prizes. They include:
1. A book from the personal library of Kevin at Deep Sea News.
2. A song written about your favorite marine organism by Kevin at Deep Sea News.
3. A hand knit or crocheted mollusk of choice (read this post for a few of the possibilities), made by yours truly.
4. A styrofoam shrunken head crushed by the awesome pressure of deep sea, from Rick at Deep Sea News.
5. Dr. Al Dove will offer this class a guided behind-the-scenes tour at Georgia Aquarium (equivalent to about $300 for a school class of 25) if their project is fully funded (which it is!!!). But wait, there’s more! He will also give a BTS tour to the two biggest donors who identify themselves as DTF readers, plus one guest, when next they are in our fair city of Atlanta. Details here.
6. Mexican Squid memorabilia from Dana Staaf at the always awesome Squid A Day!
More to come! You can give as little as five bucks, or fully fund a project or two. Let’s raise some money and help some students!