It’s that time again:
1. Did you see the incredibly gorgeous squid photography in this boingboing post? If not, please click the link immediatamente.
2. I first saw this video on Deep Sea News. Squideo!
3. io9 has a hilarious post about snails who migrate via avian digestive tract. That’s one way to do it, I guess.
4. I was in my local diving emporium yesterday and they had a very lovely marine life video playing while I was waiting for my stuff to arrive on the magical conveyor belt coming out of the wall. One of the featured animals was the hooded nudibranch. Watching the video, I was all, where are the nudibranchs? Are they under those jellies? Turns out they were those jellies.
(photo: Vlad Karpinsky)
5. Why was I at my local diving emporium? Because this weekend I’m headed out of town, to Maui! I will of course report back with all mollusk findings. I don’t know that I’ll get to see any, but Hawaii has very cool land snails, many of which are endemic. They also have invasive snails. I’ll tell you about what I see regardless. Wish me mollusk (and sea turtle) spotting luck!